vrijdag 29 juli 2011

St. John's Wort



In my free time, I'm not only creative but I'm also a bit of a witch ...


So yesterday, I went for a long walk with my parents, and we collected flowers of the St. John's Wort. I then put all flowers in a jar, put some olive oil over them, and now they can stand in the window for about 3 weeks, enjoying the sunbeams. Afterwards I then sieve everything and then the oil, that has become totally red in the meantime, is perfect when having burning marks, which I sometimes managed to get when cooking ...


A little bit of that oil on the wound and you don't feel the burning mark anymore and it also heals much nicer. So when you are having these flowers also just growing for free in your roadsides, why not pick them and do something nice with them? Sometimes herbs and flowers are so much better for us than all those medicinal products ...






1 opmerking:

Chantal van de Kant zei

Mag ik je vragen wat voor bloem dit is (bij ons dan) ziet er een beetje uit als een boterbloempje. Lijkt me hier ook wel handig om in huis te hebben hoor. 'k he b ook nog wel eens iets als ik kook.